Sunday, April 6, 2008

Waiting for Spring...

It's been melting the past week and I got my hopes up that spring is on it's way. But I forget that this is Alaska and we don't have spring. Winter lasts a really long time and then just skips right into summer. We woke up to a couple inches of snow yesterday. Talk about depressing. After 30 years here, I should know better.

All of my kids are desperately waiting for spring as well. They still go out a couple times a day, but this is how it's been going lately. "Mom, we're going outside now." Ten minutes later, dressed in complete snow gear, they head out. Two minutes later, Savannah is back inside "Mom, Izzy is stuck in the snow. Can you get her out please?" So I unstick her. Five minutes later, Savannah is back again. "Mom, Izzy is stuck in the snow again." So I unstick her again. After warning her to stay out of the deep melting snow, I come back in, only to be called out a third time. I finally made a path to the green house and just send them in there to play. There's not much in there, just rocks and empty pots, but it seems to occupy them.
I've been feeling so poorly lately that I haven't been taking Gavin out. I feel really bad. He gets himself dressed as best as he can and then comes and begs for me to take him outside. Oh how I wish the snow was gone...

Gavin getting himself dressed to go out

2 comments:

Dana said...

OH girl I know how you feel. It is a little sad that the kids get "ignored" so to speak when you feel so bad but there is not much else that can be done about that. Do you stay sick for just the first trimester or is it for longer?

Jenny said...

our snow was gone. then it came back, went away, and came back again. we had a huge storm this morning. like you, i wish we could have spring, but utah seems to skip that season, too. argh.